Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 84


Oh what a weekend. I had a great time and kept extremely busy. Sunday was a great day as I got in a fantastic workout. I just felt pumped about it and I seemed to glide through the sets and do extras like nothing. I even threw in some extra Ab workouts on top of the 8 min abs and some more pull ups to boot. I am even excited to get my jumps in today. Yesterday I went straight for the first time ever (less a few trip ups) for 23 minutes. I usually give myself a 1 minute breather in between each 7 minute session for a quick stretch sip of water and breath catch. I didn’t even need it and just powered through the 7 minutes and through the two 1 minute breaks. It is the most in shape I have felt through the whole project!

Friday night we went to the Museum Courtyard for a special exhibit focused on Hip Hop. They called it “Beyond Bling”. It was simply stunning inside. The courtyard was breathtaking. I had not been to the museum yet. Coupled with the fact that there were break dancers, a DJ, and booze flowing… it was quite a clash of cultures.  The graffiti art, beautiful summer evening, and great company made for an amazing evening. Here are a few pics to give you a feel for how it was.
 The courtyard from the balcony. DJ spinning on the far right, Dancing on the left.
 Caught me dancing.
 The DJ, kinda dark on my camera phone.
 Goofing off
 More pretty court yard pics
 Apparently the Photographer took a liking to me as he followed me around most of the night in his electric wheel chair. We see him around the clubs a lot, he is a good guy but it is pretty funny none the less. Him buzzing around behind me winking and clicking shot after shot. There are near 10 pictures of me and my friend in that evening alone. HILARIOUS!
 The break dancers
 The entrance to the Ringling museum.

Saturday we went to the beach. It was a fun day to be lazy and enjoy the sun. Unfortunately I burnt my bum! I did a good job at reapplying the sun screen but I neglected my booty! I am certainly paying the price now. It is red, red, red and sore, sore, sore! I thought for sure I had ruined my last PCP week. Luckily a few advil and lots and lots of aloe and I am doing ok. It is still a little tender but (butt he he) I was able to do my work out and sitting in my office chair is not debilitating. Now I just have to pray that it doesn’t peel in time for day 90 pictures!!

5 comments:

  1. You are looking fabulous Kristi! Have a great Super-Set week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living that special activity! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Kristi and it's great seeing not only a change in your look but your attitude .... post 90 - easy !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, looks like an amazing party! You are looking fabulous too - 5 days to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - I'm Coming To America. Beyond Bling! That's you, Lady K. Looking hot.

    H

    PS. I'll answer those questions re capoeira next week!

    ReplyDelete