Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 67


8 minute abs. I have been slacking…. I finally mustered up the courage and did them last night. It wasn’t as bad as I thought! I have no idea what I was so freaked out about! I will be doing these after every workout till the end. 

Regarding my last post about IBS, Patrick asked what he thought my two episodes were caused by. Honestly I have no idea. I would love to say it was for each indulgence day but sadly it wasn’t anywhere close to those days. I used to track everything I ate, and every time I would have an episode. Nothing correlated. I tried giving up dairy, I tried giving up wheat (this didn’t last long at all), I tried not drinking. Regardless I still had IBS. So this time when I had an episode my mind instantly went to what did I eat, what was I doing ect. Nothing seemed to fit. The second time I was a bit stressed out about work. But the first I have no clue, PCP diet and exercises, no traveling or over exertion. Most of the time this is just how it is, random, unpredictable and inconvenient.

Wow, workouts are ROUGH to say the least. My chest is feeling it from two days ago! My hands have blisters from pull ups. Proud to say I did half of a real pull up yesterday! I hate the Kung Fu sit ups. Mostly because it hurts my hands. Do anyone else’s wrists hurt during the chest dips and triceps’ dips. They are brutal, especially 6 sets!  I did extra sets on all of the arm workouts, but failed at the last two bicycles. I did a plank and 8 minute abs in a sort of make up for it.

Yesterday there were huge Cinco De Mayo parties everywhere. I am happy to report I did not attend. I knew the temptation to eat burritos, quesadillas and drink huge margaritas was just too much for me to resist. 

I went home, did my workout, ate my raw egg and watched tv. I had 3 drunken text messages on my phone this morning of friends wondering where the heck I was. On my Facebook today I posted “To all my friends with Tequila Hangovers, Na Na Na Naaaa Naaaa!!”. Although secretly I am totally jealous of the amazingly fun time it looked like they all had from the pictures. Oh well. My body thanks me. Plus I am not going to lie, when I was stewing in my self-pity (pity party table for one?) I did allow myself a piece of chocolate. I know I could have said no, but I felt sorta entitled to it for being good…. Funny the head games we play, thanks Ricky for pointing that out in your blog today. Anyway the chocolate was amazing and I am still proud of myself for not going out.

Happy Friday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Good on you for not going out!

    Re-IBS, i found that travelling really messed up my BM. I was going once every 2-3 days in Morocco even though I ate fruits and veg whenever/wherever it was possible. Now that I am home and back on a proper PCP diet it is just the reverse. Strange how our bodies work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life's too short for blisters, get yourself some workout gloves!

    The way you approached your piece of chocolate is very healthy, it wasn't a guilty "cave to the crave" moment, you weighed the pros and cons and made your choice. That's the kind of mindset that will keep you slim for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did really well! So proud of you and you are my new hero for 'indulging in moderation'.

    I kept on eating honey like Winnie the Pooh. It started as saying 'Oh, a taste will fix my craving' and then turned into 'I deserve this...' and 'Stop me if you dare!'

    Finding how to respond to that voice is a big challenge for me. Most of the time I am getting it right, so I was disappointed to fall down yesterday.

    ReplyDelete