Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 63

New pictures up.


 Is bingo arm visceral fat too?? Ha ha… I know Patrick said that the fat around our belly area would be the hardest to lose. It seems that my body has a different plan. It is going to hold on to the butt, thigh and bingo arm area the longest.  I feel behind, this far into the program I should have lost it. I know my muscles are getting strong. They just don’t show because I have annoying fat covering them. I haven’t lost a pound in almost 2 weeks, I am just holding steady. Perhaps increasing my jumping would be a good idea. I haven’t been diving in 3 weeks. I am guessing I just need to add more activity. Typing away at my desk for 8 hours a day doesn’t help anything. Here on out I am going to add a walk around the block to my training. It is about a mile so it is nothing too crazy but it will be good to burn a few more calories daily. I am sure my dog will also appreciate the extra attention :)

In other news, it was a historic day in America as everyone was celebrating the death of Bin Laden. I on the other hand see no reason to celebrate. I am glad that the man who has caused so many deaths has been stopped. Violence however is never the answer. More death is never a reason to celebrate. I am proud of the brave Women and Men fighting for our country. I am saddened but the loss of all of our fallen heroes. I wish however we were fighting a different battle, a battle to cure cancer, feed the hungry or to clean up after a natural disaster. War is something I will never understand fully. We are one.  

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Your waist is so neat! And looking so toned too!

    Agreed on the comments about Bin Laden and the need to work towards something positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree about Bin Ladin... people seem to make no connection to the images of people dancing in the streets after 9/11 and the "celebrations" over Bin Ladin's death, they are all fueled by the same dark kernel of hatred and bloodlust.

    Regarding fat, you're definitely developing PCP tunnel vision... take a step back and look at your Day 1 photos, your arms and butt fat are going away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Kristi the difference in your photos is incredible. You're looking really great particularly your waist and arms. Keep on going! I know it's hard to notice the changes in yourself but believe us all when we say you're doing such an amazing job and the results are definitely showing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristi, remarkable progress in your photos! Well done. I can't see any 'bingo wings' at all in this latest photo... and your progress since day one is incredible.

    "I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." — Martin Luther King, Jr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT quote Paul! I couldn't agree more.

    Kristi --- you and I have similar body shapes and/or body woes! :) I did a post on "bingo" arms but I called them granny arms! :) You are you own worst enemy just like I was. We have a picture in our minds of what we look like, but it's true like Patrick said, if you look at your day 1 photo compared to now, there's a HUGE difference. Your hard work is paying off. Keep it up --- you are almost THERE!

    ReplyDelete